Saturday, January 23, 2016

ARCHIVE POST: Yosumin is here!

*The following is a repost from my old blog: Sketches of Skye.


Today Yosumin went live on- erm... XBox Live arcade and Windows. Square Enix also launched this website (Featuring, you guessed it, a heap of my art). Its great that its finally here and I hope that many people play it, I am sure those who do will enjoy it.

On a completely different yet distantly related note, I finally got around to watching Final Fantasy 7; Advent Children on Blueray and I have to say that it's not bad at all. I finished FF7 when it came out (I bought the disk 3 times and a second playstation because I broke my first in a fight with a Leviathan or something... Got excited and yanked the machine off the table. Can't tell you how glad I am that the PS3 controllers are wireless)


Looking at the credits, I realised that I know some of the contracted companies that worked on the film. Which is awesome. I never thought I could be this close to one of the biggest influences of my teens. This was the game after all that showed me that games could make you feel. It's perhaps one of the reasons I kept trying to create my own worlds. It was definitely an inspiration for me when it first was released and after watching this I realize that it still is.



No comments:

Post a Comment