Saturday, January 23, 2016

ARCHIVE POST: iStargaze! New game just out on the APP store

*The following is a repost from my old blog: Sketches of Skye.

Making games for the iPhone has proven to be challenging in many ways. One of the biggest challenges we faced when making our first game Halbon (itunes link), was that there was very little information on the iPhone for developers. We were all feeling about in the dark so to speak. Also, at the time the App store was quite young and the caliber of games were much lower than they are today (NGmoco:),Capcom, Konami and Square-Enix are making games for the platform while companies like Sega are [for the moment] porting various older console games over.

Competition is hard and we Indy developers need to work hard to keep up with the competition (which is at the moment, everyone and anyone). We have learnt a lot in making Halbon and now we have come up with a sweet little puzzler called iStargaze

 

I am learning many things about game design making these games which is helping me be more involved with things outside of Design and Illustration (I want to make my very own game - which for people who really know me - should cause a slight degree of concern). The Concept, Programming and game Design were by my workmate Ueta-kun, Sound by Faster than Light and Gestalt Publishings Wolfgang Bylsma, while Graphic Design, Illustration and Translation was my job. Motion graphics was pased between Ueta-kun and myself, but he deserves all the credit for this game. I think he's done a pretty good job.



I will leave you with the App store description and some screens*. I hope t o hear from anyone who has checked it out;

'iStargaze is a simple but challenging puzzle game in which you, the player, draw the needed amount of connecting lines between stars to move through more and more challenging levels.'


*All video ironically swiped from a kind reviewers site here in Japan... tee hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment